The entire world continues to become more diverse, and that includes employees, customers and clients across the profit, non-profit and government sectors. In today’s climate, all professionals need to understand the basics of diversity, equity and inclusion. DEI is about much more than simple compliance; to succeed in today’s world in any aspect of business or services, enterprises must leverage diversity for strategic advantage and have DEI integrated into all aspects of their operations.
- The basic definitions of diversity, equity and inclusion; including the evolution of the diversity field and theories of diversity.
- A deep dive into the many dimensions of diversity.
- The compelling business case of diversity, equity and inclusion, including how to calculate a financial business case.
- Why and how DEI must be part of any organization’s core strategy.
- An introduction on the various organizational processes that DEI can impact.
- An introduction on how to build DEI into your organizational culture.
Inclusive Leadership Certificate
The demographics of the USA continue to rapidly change, and in two decades we will be a “Majority Minority” country. In addition, the internet economy enables organizations to have employees, suppliers and customers anywhere in the world. As the employee base, management teams and even executive leadership becomes more diverse, the most successful leaders will need to practice inclusive leadership. Today more than ever, we need business leaders who assert their commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and the community. This session will include:
- The business case for inclusive leadership – why is it critical in today’s rapidly changing world.
- The growing areas of diversity that leaders need to understand – gender and gender identity, race, generational, cultural, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, cognitive and more
- A deep look at the characteristics of an inclusive leader.
- How inclusive leaders be allies and mentors to diverse communities.
- How to personally become a more inclusive leader and how to promote inclusive leadership across your organization.